Labor Day Weekend


I ( Karen) have been a quiet voice on the blog, however after Sunday’s events I have a lot to say.  (I am sure that is no surprise to many of you).  Sunday started out just like any other day, we were going to be working on a few last minute adjustments to Last Mango before our departure this week.  A text came through from my cousin Marv wanting to know if we would be home. Home we would be as we no longer have a house or a car. Our modes of transportation have come down to Last Mango, our dahon bikes, and John’s dinghy.  A few moments later, he called back and informed me that Nana and Papa would be joining him and Sandy on their ride up.  I cannot express how excited I was to hear that.  We had a wonderful visit.  Papa even walked all the way down the dock and back up.  After that he said he would not be going to Farm and Fleet that afternoon.  Thanks Pops for picking me over Farm and Fleet!  Thanks to Marv and Sandy for coming up, it meant a lot to both John and I.  Although I think Sandy only came up to pay the $10.00 for the books we ordered off of Amazon.

Back Left to right. Karen, Marv, Sandy, John. Front Papa and Nana


After they left, we began preparing for a Labor day weekend dock party and to celebrate Richie’s 60th birthday.  Only to come out of the boat to see that my neighbors have planned a Bon voyage party for John and I.  Pam, Russ, Miller, Linda, Jeff, Maritza, Betty, Bob, Richie, Pam, Steve, Jessie, Becky, and Katie…..Thank you so much, the Tykol family will miss all of you!  Thank you to Gary and Kathy for taking a little time away from their daughters visit to come down and say Hi, and Dan too.  The time we have spent with all of you have created wonderful memories not only for John and I, but for Sam and Hannah as well.  However we will see quite of few of  you in Key West in March, and some in Tampa during the winter.  I am looking forward to that.   

At any point in our trip, if you are near and would like to stop in we would love to have you visit.  If you need a little vacation and would like to ride along for a stretch maybe we could work that out too.  


As far as my reflections go, I have to say I am blessed with wonderful family and friends.  Thank you all….Love you



Linda and Miller

Karen, Maritza and Gary

Steve waving for the camera

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of contact for a while

Good Bye Key West, Hello Shut Down