Asian's Everywhere

We left Sugar Island Monday morning at 7:30 heading to Ottawa. We arrived at the Marseilles lock at about 9:30 and didn’t make it through the lock until 2:30 in the afternoon. We tied up to the floating bollard on the South side of the lock and waited. Oddly enough I don’t have a problem waiting but Karen is the one that gets a bit anxious. I had a snack to eat, made yogurt and washed dishes. Karen shaved her legs on the deck of Last Mango, I got to shave when we got to port. It was my first shave on the boat. As the guys at the firehouse know I shave with a straight razor. Just so they all know I didn’t bleed at all. We commented to our fellow cruisers that Karen now felt like a true cruiser because of how and when she shaved. They told us that if we were true cruisers we wouldn’t shave at all.

In the lock today Karen commented on a beautiful 40 foot Chris Craft power cruiser. It was fairly new boat and we laughed because if we owned that boat we would not have been able to retire. We’d still be working to pay for it and the fuel that goes in it. We pulled into the Ottawa wall to tie up for the day and it was a very tight spot. We were parking right next to the Chris Craft. I came in slow and had to pull tight to the Chris Craft so that Karen could walk off the boat and tie up. Just as I was turning close to the other boat and Karen was stepping off I put Last Mango in reverse to slow down. Then I heard all this crashing noise and I said “Oh Shit”. I thought I hit the Chris Craft. I wasn’t sure how it happened. I made sure there was plenty of room between the two boats. As I turned around to look at what I did. All I saw was fish flying all over the place and the Captain of the Chris Craft was laughing because fish had jumped into his boat and dinghy. Karen thought the same thing I did, that I hit something. Well, all is good. Just the noise of me putting the boat in reverse and revving the motor caused the Asian fish to go crazy. It’s the first time I’ve witnessed anything like it.

After putting the boat back in shape we went into town and had a couple of beers with the Texans. Thanks Maury and Sandy we had a great time.

After dinner, Karen and I took a walk around Ottawa, had ice cream cones and finally went to sleep under the Harvest Full Moon.


It was a Great Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of contact for a while

Good Bye Key West, Hello Shut Down