Quality not Quantity

Last Thursday I went fishing with a couple of boat neighbors Pearl, Dennis and their friend Dave. Fishing been very slow since the July 3rd seiche. The fish have been scattered all about the area. It was a slow morning only one small Lake Trout in the boat but the weather and conversation was wonderful. About 11 AM Dave brought in a 8 pound Coho Salmon and shortly thereafter I brought in a 15 1/2 pound Chinook Salmon. It took me about 20 minutes to get it in the boat. I have to say I think it's the largest fish I ever caught in fresh water. I know it sounds like a fish story, but the fish was much larger in person. The picture makes things look 5 pounds smaller. Dennis took the fish for smoking. We're looking forward to its return.
Pearl and I shortly before the cleaning process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of contact for a while

Good Bye Key West, Hello Shut Down