Last Mango gets new motor mounts

Well today was motor mount day. Yanmar (the manufacturer of the motor) states that motor mounts should be replaced ever 5 years. I don’t believe the mounts on Last Mango have been replaced at all. They certainly haven’t been replaced since we owned her. I took several measurements to help insure alignment after replacement.


My thought is that I would disconnect all bolts, hoses and anything holding the motor down. I would then physically pickup the motor and Karen would remove one mount. I would then pickup the motor again and Karen would slide the new mount into place. After all how heavy could a 3 cylinder diesel be? Well needless to say it’s fairly heavy. However, everything went very well and we now have the new ones installed. We’ll let them relax and settle for a few days and have a mechanic come and check our shaft alignment. Even Karen thought it went well.  Seldom do mechanical repairs go well on a boat. This was the exception.
Trust me there's not much access to remove the mounts.


Old mounts removed


New mounts installed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of contact for a while

Good Bye Key West, Hello Shut Down