Moments of Refection

I sit here on the back of Last Mango, it’s 12:50 in the afternoon and I just cracked open a  Leinenkugel’s Honey Weiss thinking how lucky I am. By the way it's my first Honey Weiss and I really like it. I performed a small amount of work earlier and I’m trying to decide what to do next. Go sailing in the dinghy? Go for a bike ride? Go snorkeling because it’s a bit hot today. Karen’s off having lunch with a friend and won’t be back for a while. The feeling of being lucky actually hit me yesterday. Karen and I went to the Milwaukee Zoo with friends and had “Feasts with the Beasts”. We were in the aviary and I didn’t have my cell, I looked at my watch which I haven’t worn in quite some time. I then wondered why? I had nowhere to be, nothing to do other than be enjoying my time at the zoo. I’m not sure what I thought of it. Do I long for a sense of purpose? No, at  least not at that moment or any moment I can think of. I know that many people can’t wait for the date that they can break away from the so called daily grind. I believe that more people could make the break if they want. I’m believing they don’t because their sense of being is very tied into the job they go to each day. Don't get me wrong I know money is also an issue for some. I may be wrong. What I do know is that I’m enjoying myself. Karen says she is also. She hasn’t yelled at me for a couple days so either she’s really pissed or happy. I’m thinking happy. I’ll try to have Karen write her view or counterpoint.



By the way I still receive email from D303 and it brings back memories of the past 18 years ramping technology up for the start of school.  I wish everyone there a good start to the school year and I do miss you all.


Since Karen’s gone I apologize for any grammar errors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of contact for a while

Good Bye Key West, Hello Shut Down