Well Friday was my first day fully retired. I was a bit sad to say goodbye to everyone at the school district but I’m excited about living full time on Last Mango. I will need to stop by and visit before Karen and I leave. 

I also cleared all my stuff out of the my locker at the firehouse, gave equipment to the Explorer Post and turned in my keys to the acting BC. It's a bit odd to think that I don't belong anywhere any longer. At the same time it feels great not to be carrying around anyones keys or a cell phone. No email or help desk tickets to worry about. The only thing to worry about is where the fish are and keeping the Swallow's from building a nest in our boom.
 

Friday night our daughter received the great news that she was accepted to University of Iowa's Nursing school. We had a great celebration with many family and friends while at Streamwood FD's promotinal party.  Here's Hannah taking care of our bird issues earlier in the day. She thinks the hose works best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of contact for a while

Good Bye Key West, Hello Shut Down