Seed Sprouts Fowl Days After

2-1-18 It has taken me 3 days to muster the strength to type again after we hosted a little get-together with the crews of S/V English Martha and S/V Christinaki. When I think about what happened and who to blame (Current American Condition) other than myself I can only think of Greg, the captain of S/V Fracas. Even though Fracas had left Florida water last week and sprinted across the gulf stream to the Bahamas he left behind the seed that zapped my strength for days and made my hands shake while waking up Tuesday morning. You see last year I was without a ball cap and Greg happily (I noticed a slight grin on his face) gave me one of his to use. I had not noticed the seed planted inside the cap until late last week. While wearing the cap I noted the seeds printed inside the cap and they started to sprout in the liquor section of the local Publix grocery store. This is where I procured the fertilizer to made the seeds grow fast and strong. 

The fertilizer consisted of the following:

2 bottles of rum, one light and one dark. 
1 container of each orange and pineapple juice
1 bottle of Grenadine
1 bottle of Angostura bitters


When this concoction is shaken with ice and distributed amongst good friends while watching the sun set it seems to take over ones self control. When self control was lost late in the evening it led to the consumers thinking that they could consume rum straight from the bottle without any repercussions later. 

Cap infected with vile recipe

4 Recipes printed inside. 
I am still alive and Bob did make it back to Christinaki. I was a tad worried when his motor didn’t start and offered to tow him back to his floating home but he declined. That was the last I saw of him until this morning when he arrived in his dinghy next to Mango. Bob reported not being able to think of drinking any alcohol and needing to be careful what he ate. Fortunately today he, like me is feeling much better today. 




It appears that the vile concoction only affected the males that consumed it as Karen slept all night long without issue and did not wake with the shakes or the symptoms of a hangover. Perhaps the concoction only affects XY chromosomes and not XX. I plan on contacting the previous owner of the cap (Greg) and asking for more information. I will also attempt to discover if the cap was given with any malicious intent.


The makings of the vile Rum Swizzle.
Mango at Sunset last year in Marsh Harbor
Taken by S/V Seaquel.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of contact for a while

Good Bye Key West, Hello Shut Down