Rainy Days

1-27-16

The past week has flown by as Karen and I have prepped Mango for the voyages south of Fort Pierce. Granted we not going long distances and mostly be within cell service of land but after any boat sits unused for 7 months things just seem to go wrong. So far we’ve been lucky and have only had a fan corrode away on the head and I found a leaking fuel hose. We had a spare fan and I have ordered another hose which has arrived. Otherwise we’ve got everything “ship shape” and ready to shove off as soon as the weather cooperates. So far it’s been everything from cold to rain and more rain. According to tonights weather we have received far more rain in the last two days than Florida normally receives all month. Supposedly the rain should will be stopping Friday and we should be in for warmer and drier weather. Let’s hope so since its been so cool that I haven’t even had a taste for beer. I’m a warm weather beer drinker.

Just sitting back watching the rain fall.


My Brown Pelican Friends coming to see me.



























To make our situation seem insignificant, which it is, we have several friend boaters that have been waiting months for a good weather window to cross to the Bahamas. Makes our days of rain and cold seem like nothing. Today we spoke to M/V “As The Crow Flies” about their crazy day anchored in Lake Worth. They had F3 tornado today that did some major damage in the area. Fortunately the “Crows” did well with only lots of rain and a lot of rocking and rolling. It was good to hear their voices, especially Cindy’s “up north Canadian Hoser accent” and it brought back great memories from last year. Safe travels to Grant & Cindy as they cross to the Bahamas.


This morning Karen gave me my first summer haircut and I think I look goofy but it’s certainly easy to maintain. I’m ready for warm weather and lots of sweat, a bit of beer drinking each time we arrive at our destination and drop anchor. Good times.

Classic Old Florida bar and bait shop. Little Jim Bait and Tackle. Old Navy Seal hangout out,
North Hutchinson Island

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of contact for a while

Good Bye Key West, Hello Shut Down