Last Day in Bimini


3-1    Here we are at Bimini Brown’s Marina with another day of winds 20 knots plus. Today it’s  out of the ENE. The winds did calm during the night a bit but it seems they have been howling for days. We’ve had a pretty good time here and at times need to remember it is an adventure. An adventure full of lots of wind, salt and large cockroaches. Karen has always been relentless about not having cardboard or paper onboard as a method to keep the roaches away even in Illinois and the states. Being here in Bimini I can tell you that it’s a great practice to have. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a cockroach when back in Illinois, but since I have been here I have seen them several times. In Florence Mississippi I was told the insect I saw was not a roach but a Palmetto bug. I researched the Palmetto bug and found that it’s just another name for a roach.

Lonely Cemetery

Waves continue to roll in.
































Today has been a day of getting ready to leave tomorrow morning. Filling with water, fuel, putting the dinghy back on Mango and Karen has been hand washing laundry in 5 gallon buckets. Karen hung so much laundry to dry on Last Mango that I’m sure we looked like a Cuban raft leaving for Florida. However Fracas docked next to us had at least 10 more feet of clothes drying on her. It was close to a full day for her but we were able to take a dinghy ride to Pigeon Key to have a look about. We arrived shortly before high tide and were able to walk through ankle to knee deep water to view Starfish, Urchin, Conch and coral. I’m still trying to get a handle on what all these under sea creatures are named. Hopefully soon I will learn their names.


Onward to Chub Cay tomorrow wind pending.

Bimini Clothes Dryer
I found a Hell Pot for my anchor buoy.

A ray stopped by and was very interested in us. Followed
us for a while much to Karen's displeasure.

Closing in on us.

Taking a walk-a-bout.

Small Urchin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of contact for a while

Good Bye Key West, Hello Shut Down