4-10-21

Our last night in Florida has me thinking of this years cruising season and how different it was from previous years. Karen and I talked well before the normal winter cruising season about staying home quarantined in Iowa City for the winter. We debated the pro’s and con’s and quickly decided that we would enjoy quarantining aboard Last Mango much better. Being aboard Mango (even if we didn’t sail a lot) would allow us to enjoy the warm Florida weather rather than what turned out to be a much colder and snowier Iowa winter. Not to mention that the Florida summers are really hard on boats in storage. Boats like RV’s or just about anything else fare better when used regularly rather than sitting idle. We really feel for our Canadian friends who were stuck up in the Great White North, we missed them and look forward to seeing them next season.


This year spending almost all of our time in and around the Fort Myers Beach area has me being thankful for several things. First I have to say Karen and I are blessed to be able to live life as we do, free to do whatever we wish. Spending more time in one area allowed us to get to know the locals better, we will miss them and look forward to seeing them next year. I’ve been able to spend more time rowing the dinghy around the islands for exercise, I forgot how much I enjoyed the simple act of rowing. Karen and I found our sweet spot eating ice cream while joyriding through the streets of FMB with Shelly and Bob, Kudos to the Royal Scoop. I learned that I really enjoy WATCHING karaoke and will have to thank the girls from Wenona Illinois, Bonita Bill’s and Glen. Thank you to Kay, Chris and Sheila.


We’ll see what next year has in store for the crew of Last Mango.



Solar cooking Fajitas aboard Mango


Our Shrimp eating friend looking for more
Karaoke.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of contact for a while

Good Bye Key West, Hello Shut Down